Map by: Mark "Slyk" Dittman
Scripting: Innocent Bystander
Lead Beta Tester: Painkiller*
Recommended Gametype: Conquest
The first in a series of 'Conquest' (cnq) gametype maps, 'GA' will provide you with an intense TDM meets Tug-of-War mayhem that no other game type has approached. Team work is not an option, it is a necessity. Teams struggle to attack and defend key positions across the length of a diverse and dynamic battlefield. Conquest will force you to work together to defend flanks, assault dug in positions, provide cover fire, and generally experience the true nature of the danger of a collapsed flank or threat of enemy in your rear.
'GA' features a number of dynamic spawns related to the position that you currently control. Attacking, capturing and holding ground and that sector's control switch is vital to advance your team spawns and throw the enemy back onto his own base. Five sector switches are fought over and a bonus switch at either end of the map will award the capturing team a huge 25 kill bonus. Individual points of control are 10 each...so these add up and promote team work to acheive victory!
- CONQUEST mode (.cnq) Basic 5 switch layout. Capture each objective IN order to advance your team spawns and push the enemy back onto their base.
- Intelligent switch hints. Approach a switch, it will display a 'hint' to you. For example: "Press [USE] to take control of the HOUSE and advance your team spawns."
- Scripting that tells everyone WHO/PLAYER name that flipped a switch.
- Bonus points to the player's team when an objective is captured.
- Special effects..smoking ruins in the distance, other nice additions for ambient feel.
- Enhanced defensive positions that promote teamwork and flanking attacks.
- Larger play area to allow for more dynamic battles..real flanks and tactical choices.
- Additional modes supported include: -DM, TDM, BEL, S&D and HQ
- And more...
***It is recommended that this map is run in CNQ gametype. While the map plays great in all gametypes, the size and battle scenerios are best in CNQ mode.
After-Hourz would like to thank Slyk for everything he has done to make our community what we think is the best map available.
CHANGE LOG FOR VERSION 1.1 FEB. 21, 2004
* Updated terrain features, cleaned up and steamlined in numerous areas.
* Modified numerous Player Clip areas to seal under-the-map threat areas and to keep player out of hedge models.
* Improved brushwork on 'Ruined' buildings, Orchard fence.
* Realigned several boxes and models to better meet terrain.
* Added efx in some areas.
- Bonus switches now emit smoke and sparks when triggred. This stops when 300 second delay ends and reactivates the switch.
- Distant shell bursts to East.
Gun Assault v1.1 can be downloaded as a client side standalone map or server side map w/ CNQ gametype.
You may also download the CNQ gametype by itself.
Please choose the version that best suits your needs.
GUN ASSAULT 1.1 HAS BEEN RELEASED. WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ALL SERVERS/CLIENTS THAT ARE RUNNING THE OLDER VERSION TO PLEASE UPGRADE TO v1.1 IMMEDIATELY!
ONLY THE MAP FILE IS NECESSARY FOR A SUCCESSFUL SERVER UPGRADE!!
Download this version if you are a sever admin and wish to run Gun Assault on your server. This download contains Gun Assault and the new custom gametype Conquest. Gun Assault is optimized for CNQ gameplay so it is strongly recommended that you download this file and follow the directions in the readme to set your server up for CNQ play.
*if you install the CNQ gametype file on a client side machine, you will not be able to join pure servers. THIS IS A SERVER SIDE FILE ONLY. If you want to check out Gun Assault run as CNQ on your listen server, remove the gametype file before you attempt to join a public server.
Download this version for your personal computer and follow the install instructions in the readme. This file does not contain any server files and this is all you need to join a server that is rotating Gun Assault. If you are unsure of which version to download, it is most likely this one.
Conquest is a server-side only mod that incorporates classic Conquest with some of the objective aspects of other gametypes, resulting in a tug-of-war style TDM game that provides more intense and varied gameplay than regular TDM. Conquest is a server-side only, meaning players do not need to download this mod to play it on servers that run CNQ maps. Gun Assault is optimized for Conquest. Download this file if you are a server admin and wish to use this file and build a map with the CNQ gametype. More info on CNQ can be found HERE